I turned 25 two weeks ago! Time for a final update. You can find the original list here.
I’m a bit disapointed. There are a lot of items I missed. I can learn soms lessons for next years list, though.
– Make your goals as concrete as possible: what is ‘crazy’? When are you a good loser in games? How much decluttering do you have to do before being happy?
– Small goals are goals too.
1. Find a job (a steady one, no short-term interim) – X
I did a rather long interim and am doing one now, but still haven’t found a really steady job.
2. Start a course or study
Sewing lessons! Posts about my sewing adventures will surely follow!
3. Go on a travel-adventure -V
Yes, I went hiking in Sweden!
4. Sing in a close harmony group -V
Yes, 2014 was the year in which I started a Close Harmony group with 2 friends. We are still learning and rehearsing, but we hope to give our first concert in 2015!
5. Go to 1 or more music festivals
I went to the ‘Gentse feesten’
6. Go to the theater or opera at least 3 times -X
I went to the opera and to the theater once.
7. Read 20 books -X
17/20: (1) Terry Pratchett – Lemen voeten, (2) Peter Haugen – De kleine geschiedenis voor dummies, (3) Eric Chaline – Dwaze voorspellingen (Historische blunders), (4) Terry Pratchett – Berevaar, (5-9) Douglas Adams – 5x The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the galaxy, (10) Mark haddon – The curious incident of the dog in the night-time, (11) Jane Austen – Pride and prejudice, (12) CS Lewis – The Lion, the Whitch and the Wardrobe, (13) Deflo – Kortsluiting, (14) Scott Fitzgerald – The Great Gatsby, (15) Gretchen Rubin – The happiness project,
(16) Leo Bormans – The world book of happiness, (17) Harper Lee – To Kill a Mocking Bird
Almost made it! 🙂
8. Make presents for friends and family myself (or give things away) but never buy presents -X
The problem with this one is that it turned out being a bit too vague, and making presents isn’t always easy. Problems tend to emerge with wishlists, for example. Next year, I will try and make some presents myself, without wanting to do this for every single occasion.
9. Host a dessert-theme-party -V
Yes, did that! 3 friends came around, and since it was raining that day, we had a lot of dessert and a good chat in the living room.
10. Do 52 crazy, impulsive things -X
Again, this goal turned out being a lot too vague. Wat is a crazy, impulsive thing?
11. Make or pimp 5 garnments -X
No, but that’s why I’m following sewing lessons! 2015 will bring improvement 🙂
12. 100 things challenge -X
It is now several months that there are two big boxes with stuff to give away. Selecting what to get rid of is easy, giving away is the hard part. Who are you giving to? Is trashing it ok? I don’t like trashing my stuff 🙂
13. Learn to be a good loser when playing games with bf -X
Well, I’ve improved. But again a bit vague! When am I a good loser?
14. Quit facebook -X
I’m planning to quit 1/1/2015. I still have doubts, though. Will I be invited to the parties? …
15. 1 full sketchbook -X
I really want to sketch more in 2015!
16. Make photo’s of all important friends -X
And make more photo’s!
17. Practice piano and guitar (and learn some popular songs) -V
Yup! And keeping up the good work!
18. Show my talents (music, crafts, ..) -V
Yes, I started this blog and played piano in front of a public several times.
19. Learn to act -X
No, my time besides work is limited and I had to choose. This year, I chose to learn to sew, for example.
20. Volunteer in an organization -V
21. Declutter -X
Again, this is a bit too vague
22. Make ‘business cards’ for my ice cream blog -X
No, something to think of in 2015!
23. Host a crafternoon -X
No, but I still really want to do this!
24. 1 internet free day per week -X
I admit, it is hard 🙂